1. Who is the data controller of your data processing?
The Data Controller of your personal data and owner of the website https://www.wte-as.com is WASTE TO ENERGY ADVANCED SOLUTIONS SL. with registered office at Ausiàs Marc, 92, esc A 3-1. 08013 Barcelona (Spain) and with Tax Identification Code B67061507. It is registered in the Commercial Registry of Barcelona, Volume: 46361, sheet 172, Page number B-508174. (hereinafter WTENERGY) WTENERGY’s contact details in relation to data protection are: email@example.com
2. Personal data we process and purposes
Types and categories of personal data we process.
We may collect and process the following categories of personal data:
- Name, title, gender.
- Your contact details, bank account, address, telephone number, VAT number and email address.
- Information about your position in your company, details of the order and the work.
- Communicating with you. We record your communications with us by email or other means. When you make a telephone communication, our customer service may record your questions or complaints in our database.
- Information collected when you use our website and other digital media, if applicable. When you visit our website, we may log your IP address, browser type, operating system, referring website and web browsing behaviour.
- Information you choose to share with us. You may choose to share information with us, for example, by adding a comment on Facebook, completing a customer survey, or otherwise.
Your personal data will only be used for the following purposes:
- To carry out the necessary commercial and administrative procedures with the users of the website and our clients or potential clients.
- To contact you in order to process your queries or in the execution of our services or projects.
- In the event that you contract our services or commission us with a project, the data is used to fill in the corresponding client or contract forms and to manage your orders. In this respect, your data may be shared with third party partners involved in the projects or services.
- To send commercial advertising communications by email, or by any other electronic or physical means, in the event that you have expressly consented to the sending of such commercial communications by electronic means. If you are a customer of WTENERGY, we may send you commercial information related to our services or projects, even if we have not expressly requested your consent.
- Communicate with you to answer your queries and handle your complaints.
- To communicate with you to obtain your opinion on the quality of our services, projects or work or the treatment received.
- Similarly, the data collected during your browsing is processed in order to provide access to the online content of the website, as well as to respond to requests from users of the website, keep a record of visitor statistics (IP addresses, browser data, country, page accessed, etc.) in order to help us develop better services and products, optimise our offer and provide a more effective customer service and improve the design and content of our websites.
- The data of our customers and suppliers will be processed, within the contractual relationship that binds them to WTENERGY, in compliance with administrative, tax, accounting and labour obligations that are necessary under current legislation.
- Objection or revocation. You may object or revoke your consent to receive marketing communications at any time by following the instructions in the relevant marketing communication or by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you fill in any of the forms on our website, you will be required to provide certain personal data, which will be processed for the purpose for which it is requested.
- The personal data of our employees will be used for the fulfilment of the corresponding labour and contractual obligations.
In accordance with the LSSICE, WTENERGY. does not engage in SPAM practices, therefore, does not send commercial emails by e-mail if it does not have the necessary legitimacy. In any case, you will always have the possibility to withdraw your consent to receive our communications. We will not process your personal data for any purpose other than those described in this Policy, except by legal obligation or court order. Your personal data will not be subject to decisions based on automated processing that produce effects on you.
3. What is the legal basis for the processing of your data?
- The sending of commercial and/or promotional communications corresponding to the response to your request for information by any means. The legal basis that will legitimize this treatment is your express consent given when you voluntarily make the request by subscribing to our newsletter.
- The sending of any information, including commercial information on news, novelties, etc. and all information related to our activities, services or projects contracted by our clients. The legal basis that legitimises this processing is our legitimate interest in the commercial relationship established with you.
In the event that you send your CV to WTENERGY, we inform you that the data provided will be processed by the WTENERGY Group to which you have sent it, to make you part of the recruitment processes that may be in place, carrying out an analysis of the applicant’s profile in order to select the best candidate for the vacancy in WTENERGY. We inform you that we will only accept your CV if you send it to us electronically, so that CVs sent or delivered on paper will not be accepted. In case of any changes in the data, please inform us in writing as soon as possible, in order to keep your data updated. Your CV will not be passed on to third parties without your express consent. We inform you that your CV and the data it contains will be kept for a maximum period of one year, after which the data will be deleted, guaranteeing you total respect for confidentiality both in the processing and in its subsequent destruction. In this regard, after the aforementioned period and if you wish to continue participating in the selection processes of WTENERGY, please send us your updated curriculum again. However, if you are hired by WTENERGY your CV will be retained, along with the rest of your employment record, while your contractual relationship with us is maintained.
4. Data retention. ¿How long shall we keep your personal data?
The personal data you provide to us will be kept for the time necessary to manage the information you request from us, as well as to manage the services or projects you hire from us or for the fulfilment of any contract that is generated between WTENERGY and third parties. In the event that we have your identifying data in our database for sending commercial information, they will be retained as long as the necessary legal basis that legitimizes its conservation and use is maintained. You may cancel your data at any time in order not to receive commercial information. Once the data have fulfilled the needs for which they were collected, we will delete them definitively. However, we will keep your data for a longer period if this is necessary for the fulfilment of legal obligations. It may also be necessary to retain your data for as long as it is necessary for the statute of limitations for any legal liabilities that may arise. The data you provide to us to initiate a selection process will be kept for a maximum period of one year. Subsequently, if you have not joined WTENERGY or is not part of a selection process will be deleted and we will not keep a copy. The personal data of our employees will be retained for the duration of their employment relationship with WTENERGY and thereafter for the periods provided by law.
5. Data recipients
Within our organisation, your Personal Data will be processed by duly authorised staff and, where necessary or practical to fulfil the purposes set out above, may be processed by third parties. The categories of recipients to whom your Personal Data may be disclosed are as follows:
- Named third party processors, such as IT providers, consultants and advisors and other companies providing ancillary services.
- Public bodies and agencies, solely for the purpose of complying with applicable legal obligations.
- Other suppliers involved in the provision of our services or projects.
- Other suppliers to whom, where appropriate, your personal data may be transferred, such as financial institutions, etc.
In any case, all of the aforementioned third parties will have signed, in advance, the corresponding confidentiality commitment following our instructions in accordance with the current personal data protection regulations, will be subject to the duty of professional secrecy or will act in compliance with a legal obligation. The information you provide to us both through this website and through the application will be hosted on WTENERGY’s servers.
6. Rights ¿what are your rights when you provide us with your data?
If you wish to exercise the rights that the data protection regulations grant you, please send us an e-mail to the following address email@example.com putting in the subject the right you want to exercise and attaching a copy of your national identity document or passport. The Rights that the current regulations recognize and that, where appropriate, may be exercised are:
Right of access to data:
You have the right to be informed by the Data Controller if your personal data is being processed or not, and if the process is confirmed, you shall be able to access it by providing the following information:
- The purposes of processing.
- The categories of data.
- The term or criteria for data retention.
Right to rectification:
You will have the right to request the Data Controller to rectify your data when they are inaccurate or incomplete by means of an additional rectifying statement.
Right to Erasure:
The data subject shall have the right to request the Data Controller to erase its data, when:
- The processing is illegal.
- The data subject has withdrawn its consent.
- They are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or processed.
- The data subject has exercised the right of opposition and other legitimate reasons for the processing do not prevail.
- The data must be erased to fulfill a legal obligation of the Data Controller.
The data subject shall not have the right to request the Data Controller to erase their data when the processing is necessary:
- To exercise the right to freedom of expression and information.
- To fulfill a legal obligation of the Data Controller.
- For the preparation, exercise or defense of claims.
- For public interest based on current legislation for public health reasons or for historical, statistical or scientific research purposes.
Right to data portability:
You have the right to request the Data Controller to transfer your data to another Data Controller or to the same data subject, through a structured format of usual use and mechanical reading, when the processing is carried out by automated means and is based on:
- The consent of the data subject for specific purposes.
- The execution of a contract or pre-contract with the data subject.
The right to data portability will not apply when:
- The transmission is technically impossible.
- It can negatively affect the rights and freedoms of third parties.
- The processing has a public interest mission based on current legislation.
Right to restriction of processing:
- The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the Data Controller restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling the Data Controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful, and the data subject opposes the erase of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead;
- the Data Controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- the data subject has objected to processing, pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the Data Controller override those of the data subject.
- Where processing has been restricted under paragraph 1, such personal data shall, except for storage, only be processed with the data subject’s consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the European Union or of a Member State.
- A data subject who has obtained restriction of processing pursuant to paragraph 1 shall be informed by the Data Controller before the restriction of processing is lifted.
Right of opposition:
The data subject shall have the right to object to processing of personal data, on grounds relating to his or her situation, at any time. The Data Controller shall no longer process the personal data unless the Controller demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. Where personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, the data subject shall have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. Where the data subject objects to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
Right not to be subject to profiling:
The data subject shall have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or her or similarly significantly affects him or her, mainly when is referred to the following personal aspects:
- Professional performance.
- Economic situation.
- Preferences or personal interests.
- Location or movements of the person.
When profiling is based solely on automated processing:
- The data subject will have the right to be informed if the decision that can be taken could have legal effects that significantly affect him.
- The data subject will have the right to obtain human intervention from the Data Controller to express their point of view and to challenge the decision, if the processing has been authorized by:
- The explicit consent of the data subject.
- A contract between the Responsible and the data subject.
This right shall not apply if the decision:
- is necessary for entering, or for the performance of, a contract between the data subject and the Data Controller;
- is authorized by European Union or Member State law to which the Data Controller is subject, and which also lays down suitable measures to safeguard the data subject’s rights and freedoms and legitimate interests; or
- is based on the data subject’s explicit consent.
7. Supervisory authority:
If you consider that WTENERGY has violated any of your rights protected by the personal data protection regulations or that it has violated any obligation regarding the protection of Personal Data, you have the right to submit a claim to the competent Supervisory Authority which in Spain is the Spanish Agency for Data Protection located at Calle Jorge Juan, 6. 28001 – Madrid. Tel. 901 100 099 – 912 663 517 You can also submit an electronic claim through the electronic address that is available on their website https://www.aepd.es/
8. Governing law and jurisdiction
9. Additional information
The data you provide will be treated confidentially. WTENERGY has adopted all the technical and organizational measures and all the necessary levels of protection to guarantee the security in the treatment of the data and avoid its alteration, loss, theft, treatment or unauthorized access, according to the state of technology and nature of the stored data. Likewise, it is also guaranteed that the processing and registration in files, programs, systems or equipment, premises and centers comply with the requirements and conditions of integrity and security established in current regulations.